Wednesday, June 3, 2009

8 weeks 3 days

8w3d

After two laparoscopies, Patch and I have finally fallen pregnant! It happened very quickly after my last laparoscopy which was in March. I had my first AF after the op on 5 April and got pregnant straight away!

I got a positive result on a stick on the 19th of May when I was already half way through my 6th week! Apart from the fact that I usually have irregular AF so being 2 weeks late is nothing unusual for me. That's why I didn't POAS until then.

I was so shocked when I got the BFP! I really wasn't expecting it, I almost didn't POAS because I was afraid of a negative result and didn't want to disappoint myself yet again. One of the reasons I POAS in the end was that I was feeling sick all day and really tired plus AF was late.

I went to my GP the next day and he sent me for all the blood tests etc. DP and I told our parents (my step-mum was the most excited she was crying because she knew how much I want to have a child) and we told our siblings. Everyone else is not going to know until 12 weeks.

Then two days after BFP I had a car accident! Someone rearended me at full speed while I was stationery! I was so scared I was going to MC but GP said the baby is safe inside all the fluid.

But then the following Monday I started spotting and was totally scared. I was at work and I immediately called my mum and she said to tell my boss I need to go home. So I did and went to GP later that day. He told me that spotting in 1st trimester was not uncommon and not to worry but come back if it didn't stop, had cramps, or it became red or I passed clots. Luckily none of that happened (although I had slight brownish spotting throughout the week). I was praying to God so much to make my baby stick and so far he has answered my prayers.

After getting over some pretty horrible whiplash, I went back to work on Thursday the 28th of May, and also had an U/S that day too.I was so worried that I wouldn't see anything, and I was in the waiting room busting for the loo (!) and when I went in there the girl found bubs straight away and I was so relieved! The little heart was flickering away at 161bpm and it's size was spot on for dates. It was such a relief!

Oh and also that day I was on facebook and my sister asked if I wanted to get sushi on the weekend. I replied I couldn't eat sushi because of listeria. One of my friends (not saying who yet hehe) guessed it and messaged me and I nearly died!! Stupid facebook you can't keep a secret. But then she told me that she was expecting too and she was 10 weeks!! I am so happy to be able to share the experience with!

Well that's where we're at for the moment, I will add more as things progress! I can't wait for 12weeks so I can start telling my friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment